Friday 5 January 2018

Like A Diamond

Hello my Friends!
My Creative Team is all ready with amazing new inspirations for 2018!
Today it's Marta with her fabulous wintery artwork. It's just a perfect project for January with all its cool tones and shades and a little bit of sparkle and shine.
Marta's also sharing her video tutorial so you can easily follow her steps and make your own winter inspired art. Enjoy!

*   *   *   *
Hello friends!
This time I'd like to present a very special winter inspired journal I made.
I miss magical white winter (even if it's just a view outside my window), so I decided to embellish the cover conjuring the season. :)
I used a notebook base made of eco cardstock and I had a lot of pleasure creating multiple layers of decorations for the cover.
I limited myself to a palette of sepia shades of craft paper + white, silver and cold blue embellishments. 
In the background I glued some vintage book pages, bits of paper tape and fabric plaster, strips of paper and lace and then I covered my base with a layer of White Gesso. I wasn't very thorough as I wanted the color of the cover to peek through.
I mixed Texture Powder with White Pearl Metallique paint to create a delicate shimmering paste that I applied through the stencil with the Doily pattern. It's a great way to create your own custom texture paste in any color of your choice.

Then I used a perfect combination of 2 magical products that easily create a wintery mood: some Snowflake Paste and Art Extravagance White Crackle Texture Paste.
In the end, it was time for all the lovely embellishments: more bits of lace, chipboards, paper straws, crochet doilies, paper flowers, a Mechanicals rose, a resin frame and a vintage photo.

My wintery journal couldn't do without Melange Art Pebbles - this time I painted them with Magical Pond Sparks and White Pearl Metallique paints. It's a cool way to add some beautiful shine to the project.
The same Sparks paint was also used for the finishing touches. I love to mix it with water which allows me to add just a drop of lovely blue in some places.

Please enjoy my video tutorial!
 




I hope I encouraged you to create your own winter inspired, magical mixed media project.

Finnabair's paints, pastes and embellishments are just perfect to create frosty, cool looks. I'm sure that once you try, you will get plenty of inspirations!

Wishing you happy creative 2018!
xx
Marta







Products used:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...