Wednesday 11 April 2018

Fireflies - new collage (and class!)

Hi, how was your week?
Mine was busy for sure - but many things got finalised and finished, amazing classes were held, and it all happened in just a few days...

First of all - I can finally see this collage in flesh. The idea I had in my head was waiting for months - there was never enough time to work on it. My fault, I know...
Fireflies - collage on canvas (20x50 cm /8x20'')

My point was to try as much colour as I could, playing with my favourite techniques in Art Alchemy Impasto and Mettalique Paints, creating the multi-layered, deep and colourful look. I dripped the paint, used stencils for paint and wax, worked with embellishments, paper and photo. So may fields to experiment and get fingers dirty... especially if you love finger-painting as much as I do!
Why "Fireflies"? Well, as you can see I went a bit crazy with splatters and dots - I guess they are my latest obsession - and when you take it all together with the dark blue tones it all brought to my  mind the idea of a person surrounded by the group of fireflies... you know, I will always go for a bit of magic in my life!
But the best part of this all is - "Fireflies" is my new collage class! 

If you will decide to sign up, you will be able to build the layers with papers, paint and metallic paints, work on building a fantasy character and play with my favourite Art Alchemy products: Impasto and Mettalique Paints, Metallique Waxes... and more! If you are an art journaler - like me - you will be able to easily adapt these techniques to your journal pages - in a smaller scale of course, as this project is one of my bigger longer canvases!

The first chance to book into this class is in UK on 2-3 June - at Art From The Heart in Harrogate. Check the details out below and book your seat!

Here is the schedule for the coming months, all in one place for your convenience. 
More details coming soon!

Spring - USA:
1-3 May 2018 Donna Downey Studios, Huntersville, NC, USA - bookings here!
5-6 May 2018 - Cafe Crop, Merrillville, IN, USA - bookings here!
10-12 May 2018 - Mojito Creek Retreat House, Black Hawk, CO, USA - bookings and info here


2-3 June 2018 - Classes at AFTH, Harrogate, UK - bookings here!


July-August 2018 - classes in the USA- schedule in progress

8-9 September 2018 - Classes at the Skaparlusten, Sjobo, Sweden - bookings soon!
21-23 September 2018 - Classes at De Scrapheap, The Netherlands - bookings soon!
29-30 September 2018 - Classes in Valencia, Spain - bookings soon!

27-28 October 2018 - Classes at The Mad Scrapper, Edinburgh, Scotland - bookings soon!


Australia and NZ:
2-4 November 2018 - Art and Soul Studio, Harvey Bay, QLD, AU - bookings here

7-8 November 2018 Pages 2 Scrap, Tuggerah/Sydney, NSW, AU - bookings here
10-11 November 2018 - Artified, Melbourne, VIC, AU - bookings here
13-14 November 2018 - Scrap 2 RelaxDrouin, VIC, AU - bookings here

17-18 November 2018 - Zyneri Event in Auckland, NZ - bookings here!

20-21 November 2018 - The Scrapbooker's Confetti Box, Swansea, NSW, AU bookings here or phone: 02 49721339

There will be a lot of things going on this week - IG Live on Prima Marketing profile this Thursday, then on Friday - FB Live again. I had such a great feedback after my Mixed Media Minutes last week I just had to repeat it for you! 
Please check my IG accounts here and here to be the most up-to-date with all the things happening... and don't forget to check FB Page too (especially this Friday!)
sending warmest hugs

3 comments:

Jenine said...

Wow it’s gorgeous!!
Wish I can follow once again a class ��

Yulia said...

Fantastic!

Helen said...

wow wow wow!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...